Wednesday 18 September 2013

Videos

Ariana Grande - Baby I
I have used Ariana Grande's music video for her song 'Baby I'. I have used this artist/song because this is the type of music that the readers of my magazine would listen to. It is quite an upbeat song. Ariana Grande's style is very girly and fun. Her clothes are the type of clothes that I imagine my target audience would wear. Although its a music video, the clothes that Ariana wears is quite casual and similar clothing could be found in high street stores like Topshop, Miss Selfridge, River Island etc. This video is helpful because Ariana Grande is a fashion icon and she is wearing various outfits in this video. Therefore, I can look on websites and find clothing that is similar to hers. I could then put vouchers or special deals in my magazines for those stores/clothing and that could make people want to buy my magazine.


Justin Bieber - Boyfriend

I have used Justin Bieber's music video for his song 'Boyfriend'. I have used this artist/song because this is definitely the type of music that the readers of my magazine would listen to. This is a very fun song. Justin Bieber is very popular so the target audience should most likely like him. This video is helpful because it shows what type of music my target audience like and I could write about new people in my magazine who have similar music.

Selena Gomez - Come & Get It

I have used Selena Gomez's music video for her song 'Come & Get It'. I have used this artist/song because Selena Gomez is very popular and this song was number 1. Her album, which this song is from, also was number 1. Selena is always featured in teen pop magazines so I think my target audience would definitely listen to her music. Selena Gomez is a big fashion icon and a lot of the target audience would dress or want to dress like her. She also has her own clothing line. This video is helpful because this is a very popular song/music video and the colours used are quite bold and vibrant. This gives me inspiration to make my magazine that way and for the colours to be very out there and eye catching. The clothing in this music video is not very casual and my target audience wouldn't wear clothes like these. However, I think they are still very fashionable and they would be good for a celebrity to wear on the front cover of a magazine.
 
One Direction - Live While We're Young
I have used One Direction's music video for their song 'Live While We're Young'. I have used this band/song because this was a very popular song and One Direction are also very popular. All of their songs are always very popular. My target audience would definitely listen to their music. This video is helpful because it is upbeat and fun which is what I want my magazine to be like. One Direction are also fun people so I would want them or people like them in my magazine. I would do this so it seems like an upbeat magazine which would make people want to buy it.



I have chosen very popular people who sing pop music. Having these celebrities on front of a magazine will help it sell because they all have large fanbases who would want to buy magazines that their idols are on the cover of. All of the songs I have picked have been high up in the charts and I think that is important because having celebrities who sing popular music that is in the charts will make the magazine more successful. All of these music videos have been helpful to me all for different reasons. They have helped me decide on colours for my magazine and who to feature in it. They have also helped me see the style of clothing my target audience will like and what clothing the people on the front cover should wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment